The Holy Trinity Graveyard (Heritage Centre).
The foundation of the church may date back as far as the 13th century. The present building is the result of extensive renovations carried out in 1804.The surrounding graveyard is inter-denominational and the earliest dated (legible) headstone in the graveyard is from 1703 but there are two earlier examples which may date to the 15th century. The building is attached to a three storey crenellated tower which dates to the 15th or 16th century.
Holy Trinity Cemetery
Surnames listed alphabetically
Part 2: McGowan to Young
At Kilwirra Graveyard (Templetown)
For further information on Genealogy, Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths in parishes on the Cooley Peninsula and the above cemeteries please use the links below.
Church of Ireland - Diocese of Armagh, - Link
Catholic - Archdiocese of Armagh - Link
Louth County Library - Link
For more local information about the burials in the above graveyards please use the links below
Burials in The Holy Trinity Graveyard (Church of Ireland and Catholic)
Church of Ireland Parish of Dundalk Information Here
Catholic - Parish of Carlingford & Omeath Information Here
Burials in both Kilwirra and Newtown Cemeteries (Catholic)
Catholic - Parish of Cooley Information Here
Further Genealogy information can be found on the Irish Government funded website Here
Please visit our Links page for more useful links - Here